ParaFRISing… is the explosion of context of a text, in this case, culinary. Exploring in a more in depth form and for explanatory purposes, where the 4 senses and instinct can help one, through the palate, to better understand and recognize the influences that the Mediterranean diet has had on our territory.
Day 1 – Bread and History
- Introduction to bread, taralli, Frise, Puccia and their place in the Apulian cuisine with a brief insight into the history of how they have changed eating habits thanks to the Mediterranean diet.
- A practical demonstration of how to prepare Focaccia and Taralli.
Day 2 – Cheese and Dairy
- In the past they were used as bargaining tools between shepherds and fisherman who were barricaded at the coast, due to the assaults that were coming from the sea, in a few fortified citadels. For many centuries the coastal territories were not inhabited, if not by herds of goats and sheep that made it possible to produce a lot of local cheeses.
- Preparation of some typical middle course and antipasto dishes with local dairy products and following this with a tasting from a local dairy producer.
Day 3 – Not just Orecchiette
- Puglia as a balcony to the Mediterranean, retains the memories of various civilizations and their techniques, their flavours and their habits. The land of grain can therefore be found in many of the dished famous throughout the world.
- Not just orecchiette... various sauces and colours to accompany and taste.
Day 4 – Skewers and Offal
- Grilled Bombette, Zampina and Lamb… for sure there is not a lack of meat in this territory surrounded by the eastern seas with strong and succulent flavors to be tasted.
Day 5 – Sweet sins
- What are “purceddhruzzi”, “cartellate” or “bocconotti”? We will try and explain it to you even if it is always better to try them and lose yourself in the sweet taste of marzipan, cinnamon and honey, rediscovering antique traditions influenced by Bizantine and Arab cultures. Showdown….without licking your fingers, the preparation of some of the delights that only Puglia can offer.
For further information or reservations please contact:
(this academy is not available from 1st june to 31st august)